Thursday, May 6, 2010

Team Ride Tonight!

How is it Thursday already?! The kids are napping (finally!) so here I am blogging when I should be doing something domestic, like laundry or cleaning the kitchen. It seems like I use up all of my energy to get them to take a rest so once they are actually calm and quiet I have little motivation left to do anything but relax on the couch. It is a vicious cycle. I am also trying to save some energy and motivation for tonight's team ride (or should I say torture race). I think I have mentioned that I am the only woman on the team, and if I haven't, I just did. On Thursday nights I usually hang with the guys on our first two "neutral" laps (btw, their neutral is my average speed), and then I quickly get dropped once our team manager yells "Go, go, go!" at the end of the second lap. It was disappointing the first time I went out for our ride, but I have since become accustomed to riding alone and getting lapped (a few times). Every once in awhile I get lucky and latch on to one of the older riders wheels and draft for a bit. Don't let the word 'older' fool you though, these guys may be in their late 60s, but they could most definitely kick over 90% of the fields butt. Sometimes, I think they just like to take it easy and I think they like it that I am out there working hard so they help give me a break and some great riding tips. Super nice guys!

For some reason I always seem to get a nervous stomach before heading out to the race. I'm not sure if it's because I know the brutal beating I am about to endure or if it's because my 5 month old daughter refuses to take a bottle and she is basically a ticking time bomb for the high school sitter (God bless her). Probably a little of both, I suppose. Well folks, wish me luck or at the very least, a light head wind. Oh, and don't get used to this everyday posting thing...it is a miracle that I ended up with this much time to myself today. Boy do I love it!

No comments: