Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year! (Eight days later...)

So the Holiday season kind of put a cramp in my blogging style. I've got to do better than once a month posting! It has been another crazy weekend. No company, but I completely reorganized our house. I am just now sitting and it is already 9:30pm...there went the weekend. Oh well. There is truly an amazing sense of accomplishment that comes with cleaning out junk drawers, over-stuffed cabinets and overflowing toy bins. Ahhh....a place for everything and everything in it's place, that is, until my kids wake up tomorrow and make it look like an exploded mine field.

I am typically not one who does the New Year's resolution, but this year I decided I would challenge myself. I didn't just choose one either...here they are.

1. Post on Belle Velo more regularly...dare I say, once a week!? We'll see. I'll do my best.
2. Exercise more outside of teaching spin. I received an awesome Garmin GPS running watch and some New Balance shoes for Christmas...gotta start running again! No excuses.
3. Focus on consuming a more micronutrient rich diet. It happens every year. Starting with the Halloween candy, then the Thanksgiving dinners (leftovers last for days!), Christmas cookies, more candy, New Year parties, etc.... By the end of it all my body is officially trashed and I feel disgusting. I don't have a meal plan set out just yet, but maybe I will try to post a little on that as well. At least the recipes that I think are worth making it in the good old recipe box.

Well that's about all I've got for tonight. I'm starting to lose steam and the longer I stay up the more I want to eat nachos and chocolate. I will leave you with my newest workout playlist. Find them on iTunes HERE.

A New Year:
New Year's Day - U2. ( I've also used Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men)
Shock of the Lightning - Oasis
Nature of the Experiment - Tokyo Police Club
Flathead - The Fratellis
Salute Your Solution - The Raconteurs
Rockaway Beach - The Ramones
Bulldozer - Cold War Kids
Nobody's Accusing You (Of Having a Good Time) - Hot Hot Heat
Balloons - Foals
Cousins - Vampire Weekend
Post Physical - Pictureplane
Cool down songs:
Intro - XX
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
Second Song - TV on the Radio
Eyes Be Closed - Washed Out

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Goodnight.

No comments: