Friday, September 14, 2012

Playlist #11- Rolling Hills and Cheers Elephant

I'm finally posting my Rolling Hills playlist that was put together a couple of weeks ago. Let's just say August was a busy, busy month. My four year old started Pre-K, we celebrated my husband's birthday...the big 3-0 and we had a big Labor Day weekend with family in town. Now I am just trying to get back on schedule!

Speaking of schedules. Most of you know that I have also been training for the (October 7th, 2012) Chicago Marathon. I am happy to say that it is almost here and I am almost DONE! Throwing a marathon training plan in with my cycling schedule and life as a mom (chasing around a 2 year old and 4 year old) hasn't been easy. When it started I was super excited and couldn't wait to get into my first 20 mile run...I have since run 20 miles (or more-I ran 25 once) three times. Yeah. Waking up at 4am to get in a 20 miler before 8:30am got old pretty fast. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to get up and run, but having a strict plan to follow each day is tiring. I miss the days of getting out there and just running to run. You may be wondering why did she even signed up to run a marathon and my answer is simply because I've never done one. So here I am and I am going to do it. I may never want to do one again and I'm fine with that, but at least I'll know that I gave it a try...who knows, maybe after all is said and done I will love it and sign up for many more. At this point that seems unlikely, but you never know. I'll just throw this out there, if by some miracle I happen to BQ, (qualify for the 2014 Boston Marathon) all of my previous statements will be thrown out and I will probably be addicted. I will let you know how it goes. Alright, back to playlists and awesome bands!

Drumroll please, my 11th playlist, Rolling Hills:

iTunes Ping - Sample and/or purchase songs HERE.

Olympians- Isles of Wonder: Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Games

Keep Forgetting- The Cinematics

Temporary- White Rabbits

Shadows- Lindsey Sterling

I Bought My Eyes- Ty Segall Band

Flutes- Hot Chip

(Druun)- DIIV

Ping Pong- Bassnectar

(Druun), Pt. II- DIIV

BC- Cold Showers

Let's Go- Matt & Kim

C'mon C'mon- The Von Bondies

Fineshrine- Purity Ring

Last Night I Heard Everything in Slow Motion- Oliver Tank

Hope you enjoy the list! Unfortunately, I couldn't find many of the songs on Soundcloud so you will have to click on the link above to sample the music on iTunes.

On another note, has anyone heard of Cheers Elephant? I came across them while listening to an indie radio station on my phone. I'm going to end up buying their whole album...I already know it. I'm loving their sound. Keep an ear out (open?) for them in my upcoming classes.



Have a great weekend!!





No comments: