Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm no runner...

For years I have refused to think of myself as someone that "liked" to run or someone that was decent at it. I would run to exercise and stay in shape, but that was it. Back when four miles used to be a long run...
Since moving to Florida, and meeting my crazy runner friends at the Y, anything less than six seems like a warmup and any mile slower than 9 minutes is a disgrace. These running buddies of mine have encouraged me and pushed me along and now here I am running thirty to forty miles a week...and loving it. Don't get me wrong, I love cycling and if I had the opportunity I would choose to do that over running most days, but running is quick and takes a little less preparation when you're short on time. As a mother of two I am almost always short on time (and sanity). After the Horrible Hundred this Sunday my husband has mentioned putting his bike into hibernation and hopping onto the Running Train...he would so roll his eyes at this. But seriously, I'm excited because I enjoy having him as a running partner.


That's my man. It's okay to be jealous...I would be. (Btw, I'm sure he's going to love that I posted this)

If any of you know my husband, you know that cycling and/or running is not about getting daily exercise, it's about the event he is training for. So he is already talking about what marathon we're doing. I'm pretty sure I have vowed that I would never put myself through running a marathon...I'm partial to my toenails staying on my toes as well as avoiding other scary things that happen over the course of 26.2 miles. I'll admit that all of this running lately has got me thinking about training for something. I mean, I run so much anyway I might as well have a goal, right? I do have the OUC Half Marathon in December on my schedule but as far as a marathon goes, we'll just have to see...

Like to run? Please join me! Shoot me an email if you're interested and I'll let you know where and what time we'll be meeting next.

2 comments:

frank from spin said...

Your husband might mildly protest, but what guy wouldn't be totally flaterred by his amazing wife posting a very impressive photo of her man? Keep up the running and the blogging!

Lindsey said...

Frank, you are so nice. Thank you :)